Things to See and Do around Manilla
Manilla has a new tourist information centre located in the main street 50m north (towards the big bridge) of the SPAR supermarket.
- Swimming : Manilla Olympic Swimming Pool, Namoi River, Split Rock Dam, Lake Keepit, Warrabah National Park, Rocky Creek Glacier Reserve.
- Hiking : Warrabah National Park, Mt Kaputar
- Fishing : in every river and lake, ask a local at a pub for help !
- Hunting : for wild pigs and goats with experienced locals - very exciting ! contact Godfrey ph: 02 67 85 65 45
- Water Skiing at Lake Keepit : Willi from SkyRanch ph: 6769 7771
- Trikes, Ultralights, Gyro's : Manilla SkyRanch - contact Willi Ewig ph: 6769 7771
- Gliding : Lake Keepit Soaring Club ph: 6769 7514
- Horse Riding : Oakhampton Farm Stays - contact Belinda ph : 6785 8517
- Tennis : RSL Club ph: 6785 1209
- Bowling (Lawn) : Manilla Bowling Club ph: 6785 1632
Regional Highlights :
- Gold Fossicking : approx 1hr drive north Bingara Tourist Info Centre ph: 6724 0066
- Sapphire Fossicking : approx 1.5hrs north Inverell Tourist Info Centre ph: 6728 8161
- Coonabarabran Space Observatory : approx 2.5hrs west ph:
- Moree Hot Springs Baths : approx 3hrs nth-west, Tourism Info ph: 6757 3350
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park : approx 2hrs east, Tourism info ph: 6778 4496
Tamworth District Tourism :
Tamworth Regional Tourism web site with info about attractions, events etc via the link below :